I realize that I look a bit obsessed and overly analytical if all I ever post is stuff about my past, so here are some good things lately.
10. I am 28 years old. I love growing older. I feel wiser every year. I know this year is going to be magical and amazing.
9. For my birthday, my friend Janelle offered her services as a personal shopper. Prayers answered! She also brought me flowers. 🙂
8. My work friend Kevin brought me Starbucks to celebrate my birthday. He also gives me chocolate every day. He’s just one of the many awesome people that I’ve met in my few months here.
7. I am in TWO weddings this summer. In both weddings, the Maid/Matron of Honor is named Liz. I think that’s really cool.
6. I am taking a more balanced approach to exercise and weight loss than I ever have before, and I feel amazing. I have some public goals (Chicago Half Marathon in May!) and some secret goals, but I’m proud of myself.
5. I think I get on my mom’s nerves–well, sometimes it’s intentional, but overall, I really love having the time to spend with her and getting to know her more.
4. This past November, I got to see my oldest friend get married. I was her Bridesminion, which was awesome. Now, we talk once a week. I don’t know what my life would be like without our conversations.
3. My friend Sarita sent me cookies and a scarf for my birthday. I may have scarfed down those cookies like there was no tomorrow (thanks PMS), but I’m wearing the scarf today. I feel so loved.
2. I reunited with a friend I lost. It’s amazing, and we talk all the time like we’re teenagers in puppy love or something.
1. I have a crush… and it’s really, really fun!
There are so many more things, but I’ve gotta get going. Freshman comp tonight!